Friday, December 17, 2010

Shotzi's Show

I LOVE visiting my brother at school. When I lived in Dallas, I had so much fun driving down to see him and meet his friends. It had been a while since I had seen Dylan, so when I found out that the Tyler Rushing Band had a show in College Station, I jumped on board and decided to make the trip. I drove down with my aunt and Brittany, so the long drive wasn't too agonizing.


Tyler's show was in the Skyy Bar at Schotzi's on the main strip, North Gate. The venue was open to 18 and up, which helped the door numbers. I joined in for a few songs and had a blast dancing with Dylan's cross country team members. Brittany and I were also able to recruit some people from the downstairs bar to come up and support the Tyler Rushing Band, as well as buy a few koozies! The turnout was great and I think everyone thoroughly enjoyed themselves.


I can't forget the most memorable part about the trip: the flat tire. On our way home, the back right tire was completely annihilated! Brittany was able to get the spare down, while I called a worker from a nearby gas station ("Shaggy") to help us out with the rest. I personally think Brit should just become a mechanic...doesn't she look like a natural?!


No comments:

Post a Comment