Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Tyler Rushing Band

I have always been somewhat of a music junkie. No, I may not be able to tell you who sings what song and what year it was recorded...but I'd like to think that my wide range of taste and my ability to learn songs easily can place me in the category of a "junkie". So when a close family member can pick up a guitar and start playing some of my favorite country songs, I tend to get a little excited.

My cousin, Tyler, has been playing in front of live audiences for the past two years. It was not until recently that he started opening for some noteworthy names like HoneyBrowne, Charlie Robinson, Turnpike Troubadours, and Creedence Clearwater Revisted. I never would have guessed in my wildest dreams that Tyler would become a performer. He has always been quiet and reserved. But when he hops up on stage with his band (The Tyler Rushing Band), he becomes this whole new person...its like he immediately inherits this "alias" or something.

This past summer, he entered a "battle of the bands" competition at the annual Falls Fest weekend here in Wichita Falls and WON. His prize? Opening for Creedence Clearwater Revisited, which includes some of the original CCR members. This concert really increased awareness of the band around the Wichita Falls area.

I could not be more proud of him, especially when he is getting the crowd involved, telling funny stories, and singing his songs at the top of his lungs. It always makes me happy when he asks me to join him on stage for some Old Crow Medicine Show, Pearl Jam, and CCR. I would hope that at some point in the future we can learn more than just our token three songs. (I planned on posting a video of us singing together, but because my days get shorter and shorter with work and work outs, it might be a ways down the road from now.)

The Tyler Rushing Band consists of Tyler Rushing (lead vocals and acoustic guitar), Landon Studer (lead guitar), Kane Eavenson (bass, vocals, and banjo), Matt Rose (drums), and Josh Scarbrough (harmonica).

If you or anyone you know needs a band for an event (even if it's just a private party), give Tyler and the boys a call. Tell 'em I sent ya!


Listen to the Tyler Rushing Band here: http://www.reverbnation.com/thetylerrushingband


To book the TRB, call: (940) 867-3367

1 comment:

  1. YOU are such an awesome cousin, girl, friend, niece, person....We love you!

    ReplyDelete