Monday, November 29, 2010

T-Giving in T-Town

For as long as I can remember, we have always spent Thanksgiving with my dad's side of the family. Each year, we rotate locations. The Williams/Mitchell clan spreads from Texas to Kansas (yes, and that one state in between). We have family in Topeka and Hutchinson, Kansas and Tulsa, Oklahoma.

This year, we had Thanksgiving in Tulsa at my dad's brother's home. I think I can vouch for the rest of the family when I say that Tulsa is always the best place to go. You see, my uncle is an AMAZING chef! Any time Uncle Kent is in charge of a meal it A) is on time, and B) will cause your taste buds to say "give me more!"


It all starts with the day before Thanksgiving. We have a tradition of eating chili and finger foods. Uncle Kent, however, never fails to go above and beyond by making Williams White Chili. Mmm mmm good!


Of course, Thanksgiving Day is something to look forward to no matter where you spend it...because let's be honest, there is no other day of the year that you can legally stuff yourself until you fall into a food coma. (And if you're one of the crazies that DOES NOT do this, then how dare you.) It would take a lot of effort to describe to you the spread that Uncle Kent laid out for us this year, but I will say this...we actually, as a family, told Kent that we would pay him to "cater" Thanksgiving every year. :) The verdict is still out on whether or not he will take us up on the offer, but I know we are all keeping our fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment