Friday, September 24, 2010

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!

As Maid of Honor, it was my duty to plan Alli's Bachelorette Party. She decided she wanted a weekend in Oklahoma City (her new home). So after much thought, I came up with the perfect girls' weekend for Alli and her closest gal pals.

I started with the reservations, then moved to the invitations. I refuse to use store-bought things when I know I can make things just as cute or cuter. So my idea was to create a lingerie-themed invite. I browsed the web and found exactly what I was looking for. It's amazing what one can do with some scrapbook paper, scissors, and a glue stick!


In the invites was the weekend itinerary, which included:
  • Friday Game night at Zak & Alli's future home,
  • Saturday morning brunch at the Oklahoma City Museum of Art,
  • A trip to the OKC Zoo (Alli loves animals),
  • Lingerie party at our hotel, The Skirvin Hilton (my favorite),
  • Dinner at Elephant Bar (we had a personalized menu), and
  • A night on the town (Pete's Piano Bar and Skyy Bar)
I had an absolute BLAST using my event planning degree to put together an unforgettable weekend for a girl I could not live without. To say that Alli is anything less than a sister to me would be an understatement.

Enjoy some of my favorite photos from the weekend!


2 comments: