Monday, October 18, 2010

Introducing Mr & Mrs Zak Thompson!

Another wedding post! But this wedding was especially my favorite, seeing as how my best friend was marrying the man of her dreams and I had the honor of standing by her side...like, RIGHT next to her side. I have blogged about her bachelorette party and bridal shower, but now it is with great pleasure that I spill the beans about the most important day of her life...her wedding day.

I have known Alli Ford since childhood Sunday school, but it wasn't until high school that we became good friends. During our sophomore year of college, Alli decided to transfer to Oklahoma State, where she lived just half a mile away from me. I was beyond stoked to have her so close. We were always accountable to one another over the course of our college experience. Fun times, yes, there were many...too many. It would take me at least an entire week to talk about all of the memorable stories I have with this beautiful woman. We have come to know each other so well. It's an understanding that goes beyond words. Alli is like a sister to me. I know everything about her. So when I met Zak Thompson, I just knew there was something special about him.


The first thing that comes to mind when I think of this couple is how Zak and Alli met. You just don't come across very many couples who were introduced through a company who sells knives...but thanks to Vector Marketing and Cutco Cutlery, this love came about. I spent that summer in Stillwater constantly visiting them at work and sharing Cherry Coke Zeros on the regular. Although they didn't express their love immediately, I just knew they would make a great pair because of their complimentary life styles and personalities.



Before Zak even told me he was going to propose, all the signs were clear to me that he was The One...the special looks, the way Alli lit up when they were together...everything just fell in place. I know that Zak and Alli have the foundation for a wonderful marriage: not just lovers, but lifelong friends as well.


The Thompson wedding weekend took place in Oklahoma City/Edmond, Oklahoma. The beautiful rehearsal dinner was hosted by family friends and the weather was perfect for an outdoor celebration. The Saturday ceremony took place at May Avenue United Methodist Church. I have never been to a wedding in such a cute and quaint little chapel. It was the perfect setting for the amount of guests. After the ceremony, the couple was surprised with a Mercedes Benz to drive around the block...a great photo opportunity, especially with everyone throwing rose petals! Guests then drove a few blocks away to The Centre, where the dinner and dancing took place. Actually, to just say dinner and dancing would be an understatement...because honestly, it was a PARTY! The DJs worked the crowd so well. In fact, we got to see Zak's mom break it down on the dance floor! Needless to say, we ALL danced the night away!

No comments:

Post a Comment