Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Ryan & Mo's Wedding

One word can sum up 2010 thus far. That word would be "marriage." I understand that there comes a time in everyone's life when their friends start getting married...but seriously, people? Twelve weddings in one year?! I must admit, I only went to half of them, but the numbers are still shockingly high. You have to understand something...I did not come from a metroplex, nor did I belong to a sorority in college...so had those two facts been different, we would probably be looking at more like twenty-four weddings!

Last weekend, Cliff and I attended Ryan and Morgan (Collier) Williams' wedding at First Baptist in Wichita Falls. I was actually part of the house party, but Cliff was a trooper for coming with me. Because I had known this couple for so long, I was not surprised to see the oh-so-chic/bazaar color schemes and decoration choices. Do not get me wrong, it looked FABULOUS! Morgan had chosen a deep purple, black, and leopard print for the wedding party. The bridesmaids looked amazing in their purple dresses, and I still have no clue how they walked in those Jessica Simpson leopard cowhide stilettos! Even the flower girls sported the leopard print! (see Brooklyn Grace's outfit)


The reception was held at the Kemp Center, which was once the Wichita Falls Public Library. The venue was built in 1917 and underwent a $1 million renovation just before 2002. It now serves as a meeting hall/exhibition venue, as well as an art gallery. Texas bar-b-que was served at the reception, along with the traditional wedding cake, and groom's cake (which by the way was in the shape of an X-Box). For party favors, goodie bags were available to fill with various sweets from the candy bar.





The night was filled with great music and dancing, as well as memorable speeches made by both groomsmen and bridesmaids.

I can not wait to see how this new family grows in the Lord, especially after seeing how he brought them together at just the right time!

No comments:

Post a Comment