Monday, July 5, 2010

A True Re-Union


The month of July started off with a "bang"...and no, I'm not talking about the 4th of July. We had the pleasure of witnessing my uncle's wedding in Wichita Falls on July 3rd. The wedding was special in so many ways. Mark (my uncle) and Glenda (his new wife) were high school sweethearts. They both went their separate ways after high school, but found the road back to one another twenty-five years later.

Not only did all three of my mom's siblings come back to their hometown, but they brought my cousins too! Even though we all live in Texas, our busy schedules make it near impossible to see each other. It really was great seeing how tall and mature the little cousins have become. Also, thanks to Facebook, my grandma was able to reunite with old friends who she had lost contact with for over twenty years! They drove all the way from Sacremento, California for the festivities!

The wedding took place in the evening at The Wellington (one of the newest convention/banquet facilities). The time of day was perfect. The dinner reception was naturally lit by the open windows, and the sun went down just as the DJ started playing a mix of retro funk, country, and modern hits. My mom and her siblings owned the dancefloor the entire night...embarassing, but I'm glad they had fun! Nothing is better than seeing a reunion of family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment