Friday, July 2, 2010

Some Say I Have A Green Thumb...

We had to come to a halt in the bamboo battle. BUT I am actually VERY excited about my newest project...and I'm sure Cliff appreciates the time away from allergy attacks and hive-covered arms (thank you bamboo). Cliff's house sits in one of the prettiest areasof town, the Country Club. Everyone is constantly changing out their seasonal flowers, remodeling landscapes, and keeping their yards in perfect condition. So...mynext project? FLOWER BEDS! When I lived in Dallas, I enjoyed going on walks/driving in neighborhoods around SMU and Dallas Country Club, just to see the wide variety of flowers, shrubs, and plant placement. Like HGTV says..."its all about curb appeal!"

So with that said, I am pleased to announce that Cliff (although he is a male and doesn't care about flowers) now has a lovely array of perennials and annuals, as well as groomed shrubs. The second we (my mom helped me) finished, Wichita Falls received a massive rainstorm. The flowers held up, and I am just hoping that the roots start getting strong and taking to their new home soil!
Thanks to my mom and Smith's Gardentown, the flower beds now consist of; maroon day lilies, mixed gazania, vodka begonias, white daisies red dianthus, monkey grass, youpons, holly bushes, and nandinas.

No comments:

Post a Comment